After you have downloaded and installed the plugin on your site you will need to complete some simple and quick configuration.
Most of the default configuration values of the plugin will be good to get you going. You mainly need to enter your Stripe API keys into the settings menu of the plugin.
Video Tutorial: Obtaining Stripe API Keys (Test and Live)
You will need to have a Stripe account to complete the general configuration of this plugin. If you do not yet have an account you will need to create one before proceeding- It is simple and free.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ tab under the ‘Stripe Payments Plugin’ menu.
- Ensure the currency is correct.
- Half way down in the settings you will see a ‘Credentials’ menu. Under this menu you will need to enter in your Stripe API Keys. (These can be found in your API settings of your Stripe account).
- Tick the live mode box if you are ready to run live transactions.
- Save the changes you have made by clicking the ‘Save Changes’ button at the bottom of the settings page.
Example: API Keys in Stripe Account
You can access this page from your Stripe Dashboard via Developers -> API Keys menu in the left column or by clicking here. Be sure to switch between Live and Test modes to see corresponding keys.
Example: API Keys needed for configuration of Stripe Payments Plugin
Make sure to save the changes after you are done.
It is a good idea to enable the reCAPTCHA option for your Stripe payment buttons. This will stop any spam bots from abusing your payment buttons. Read this documentation to learn how you can configure and enable the reCAPTCHA option.