After you have downloaded and installed the plugin on your site you will need to complete some simple and quick configuration.
Video Tutorial: Obtaining Stripe API Keys (Test and Live)
You will need to have a Stripe account to complete the general configuration of this plugin. If you do not yet have an account you will need to create one before proceeding- It is simple and free.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ tab under the ‘Stripe Payments Plugin’ menu.
- Ensure the currency is correct.
- Half way down in the settings you will see a ‘Credentials’ menu. Under this menu you will need to enter in your Stripe API Keys. (These can be found in your API settings of your Stripe account).
- Tick the live mode box if you are ready to run live transactions.
- Save the changes you have made by clicking the ‘Save Changes’ button at the bottom of the settings page.
Example: API Keys in Stripe Account
You can access this page from your Stripe Dashboard via Developers -> API Keys menu in the left column or by clicking here. Be sure to switch between Live and Test modes to see corresponding keys.
Example: API Keys needed for configuration of Stripe Payments Plugin
Make sure to save the changes after you are done.