The Stripe Additional Payment Methods addon allows you to accept payments from your customers using the following methods (in addition to the default credit card payment option):
- Apple Pay
- Pay with Google
- Microsoft Pay
You can use one or multiple options to accept payment in your site.
After this addon is installed and configured, your customers will be able to pay you using Apple Pay, Pay with Google and Bitcoin. The money will go straight into your Stripe merchant account (please note that Bitcoin crypto currency will be transferred into the current dollar value once it reaches your Stripe account).
If you have enabled the Bitcoin payment option, your customers will see an additional tab on the Stripe payment popup. This is where they will be able to pay you for goods or services using Bitcoin.
Customers who are using their mobile devices, either an Android phone or an Apple phone, will be able to pay using Pay with Google or Apple Pay. This addon detects the device your customers are using and will display the payment options accordingly.
Installing the Stripe Additional Payment Methods Addon
Once you have purchased this addon you will be able to install it straight onto your WordPress site.
- Click on the Add New menu under the plugins interface.
- Click on the Upload Plugin button and select the addon zip file.
- Hit the Install Now button and then activate the addon.
Once you have activated this addon, you will notice an extra tab under the Stripe Payments settings menu. This tab is titled Additional Payment Methods. All functions of this addon are controlled from this tab.
Go to the ‘Stripe Payments’ menu and click on ‘Settings’. Under the ‘Settings’ menu you will see four tabs. Click on the ‘Additional Payment Methods’ tab to configure all settings related to this addon.
- Choose which payment methods you would like to accept- one check box will enable you to accept ‘Pay with Google/Apple Pay’ transactions and another check box will enable you to accept Bitcoin.
- Select the country of your Stripe account (Stripe currently supports 25 countries).
- You can alter the appearance of the payment button using the ‘Button Type’, ‘Button Style’ and ‘Button Height’ fields.
- Ensure you ‘Save Changes’.
Payment Methods Available when Using this Addon
Before you can accept payments made by Apple Pay, you need to approve your domain with Apple first. There is a button in the addon’s settings interface that lets you approve your domain for Apple Pay.
This option becomes available for those customers who are viewing your website from an Apple device. Once they click a payment button for any goods or services on your website they will see the Stripe popup menu. Next to the normal payment button (where customers can checkout using credit card payment) they will see the option to proceed using their Apple Pay account.
Pay with Google
For your customers who are using android phones, they will be given the option to pay using Pay with Google. Like Apple Pay, an additional payment button will appear where customers can choose to use the Pay with Google option.
Pay with Microsoft (Microsoft Wallet)
Microsoft pay is a digital wallet service ran by Microsoft. When using a Microsoft wallet, a customer can store a number of different cards that they can then use at their leisure. This is a new although trusted payment source that many of your customers may want to use to pay for goods and services on your website.
For your customers to be able to use ‘Pay with Microsoft‘ they will need to:
- Have a card stored in their Microsoft account.
- Be using the Microsoft Edge Browser.
Required Conditions of Use
- To use this addon, Stripe requires that your website has an SSL certificate (HTTPS).
- Bitcoin payments are only supported in USD currency. Customers will only be given the option to pay with Bitcoin if you are using USD.
Get the Additional Payment Methods Addon
Or Get the Addons Bundle
Get access to all our premium addons for the Stripe Payments Plugin, auto-updates and guaranteed support. Click on the following banner to learn more.