The following free addon can be used with the Stripe Payments Plugin to autodetect the customer’s country in the checkout form.
There are a number of options to choose from when speaking about the way the country is handled in the Stripe payment overlay window. You can either:
- Enable no specific setting and allow the customers to choose their country from the dropdown.
- Enable a default country from the general settings menu.
- Use this addon to auto detect the customer’s country.
Download the Country Autodetect Addon
Use the link below to download a free copy of the Country Autodetect Addon for Stripe Payments plugin.
Enabling the Stripe Country Autodetect Addon
You will need to first download this free addon from the download section above. Then do the following to install and activate it.
- Upload the addon from your WordPress ‘Plugins‘ menu.
- Activate the addon.
- Click on the ‘Stripe Payments‘ ‘Settings‘ menu and then you will need to click the new ‘Country Autodetect‘ tab.
- Mark the checkbox to enable this feature.
- Ensure you ‘Save Changes‘.
Considerations for the Addon
If you intend on using this addon, please note:
- The auto-detect feature will not work if you have set a ‘Popup Default Country‘ within the ‘General Settings‘ tab. Leave this setting blank to allow the country auto-detect feature to take place.
- This addon is designed to work with the new Stripe API. Ensure that you do not have the legacy API enabled within the ‘Advanced Settings‘ tab.