Once you enable the Terms and Conditions feature, a checkbox will be displayed on all the payment form.
Enabling Terms and Conditions
To enable terms and conditions on your website you will need to have the Stripe Payments Plugin installed and activated.
- Click on the Stripe Payments, Settings menu.
- Once in the Settings menu, choose the Advanced Settings tab.
- You will now see a section titled Terms and Conditions.
- To enable Terms and Conditions mark the checkbox. By default, terms and conditions are not enabled.
- In the Checkbox Text field is where you can customize your sites terms and conditions (read more about customizing T&C’s below).
- Ensure you Save Changes once you have configured your Terms and Conditions.
Customizing the Terms and Conditions
Prior to editing the terms and conditions field it should read:
I accept the <a href="https://example.com/terms-and-conditions/" target="_blank">Terms and Conditions</a>
In the default terms and conditions text, the page is linked to the words Terms and Conditions. Your customers can click there to be shown the terms and conditions page.
How will My Customers Agree to Terms and Conditions
Once you have enabled the terms and conditions feature on your website, each of your Stripe Payments product checkout will have a checkbox. Your terms and conditions page will also be linked to the text next to the checkbox. A customer cannot purchase a product until they have agreed to the terms and conditions.